Term: Spring 2019 - E-term IV (03/18/2019 - 05/09/2019)
|Start Date||End Date||Days||Time||Location|
This course will expose students to the strategic role human resources play in maximizing the value of the workforce. Organizations in today's economy rely not only on the knowledge and skills of their employees, but also on their engagement with the work and each other and their commitment to the organization's mission. As such, the management of human talent is a responsibility of every manager, in partnership with the HR function, and is vital to the success of any organization. The coverage of course concepts will be approached from both from a general manager's perspective as well as from an HR perspective, considering human resource systems and practices available to build a skilled and motivated workforce.
- Understand the strategic role of human resources management in supporting the business objectives of an organization.
- Identify human resource systems and practices available to build a skilled and motivated workforce.
- Explain the laws and regulations affecting human resources management as well as to apply ethical decision making to situations involving human resources.
- Critique, improve, and integrate various components of a human resources system.
- Demonstrate skill in analyzing human resource problems and determine appropriate solutions.